1/4 Photos of Cadbury Creme Egg in Hole Toast (Toad in the Hole)
Liza at Food.com's Note:
This is super easy and super fun for Easter. Skip the savory eggs for Easter breakfast and try this over-the-top sweet version instead. Plus: Pound cake fried in butter is always awesome. Enjoy! Borrowed from: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/04/cadbury-creme-egg-in-hole-toast.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut two 1-inch thick slices of pound cake.
- 2Make a hole in the middle of each with a small shot glass or cuff.
- 3Cut your creme egg in half, reserve.
- 4Melt butter in the pan.
- 5Fry slices of pound cake without egg on one side til golden.
- 6Flip the slices and then pur your creme egg halves in the middle of each toast.
- 7Finish frying til both sides are toasty and creme egg is starting to melt and get all gooey.
- 8Enjoy with a large glass of milk.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cadbury Creme Egg in Hole Toast (Toad in the Hole)
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.3
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 216.5 mg
- Sodium 172.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: