Recipe by Liza at Food.com
This is super easy and super fun for Easter. Skip the savory eggs for Easter breakfast and try this over-the-top sweet version instead. Plus: Pound cake fried in butter is always awesome. Enjoy! Borrowed from: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/04/cadbury-creme-egg-in-hole-toast.html
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut two 1-inch thick slices of pound cake.
- Make a hole in the middle of each with a small shot glass or cuff.
- Cut your creme egg in half, reserve.
- Melt butter in the pan.
- Fry slices of pound cake without egg on one side til golden.
- Flip the slices and then pur your creme egg halves in the middle of each toast.
- Finish frying til both sides are toasty and creme egg is starting to melt and get all gooey.
- Enjoy with a large glass of milk.