Karmology Clinic's Note:
Called sorbet because it has no dairy products (apart from the Cadbury milk chocolate obviously) or eggs. Of course you can choose your favorite chocolate brand for this. Taste will adjust to the type of chocolate used, which is nice because you can experiment with many brands. I use an electric ice cream machine and I suggest you do this too. In the preparation time I haven't included the time you need for the refrigerator to chill the mixture, because that depends on the fridge. Also I haven't included the time the ice cream machine will need because that too depends on the machine, but it shouldn't be more than 40 minutes. That leaves as with a lot of passive time (waiting) and minimum active cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place water, sugar and cocoa to a pan, bring to the boil. Simmer for a minute.
- 2Cut the chocolate into small pieces. Place into a bowl.
- 3Ladle the hot cocoa mixture over the chocolate pieces and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- 4Alternatively, you can stop stirring before all the chocolate has melted. This will create crunchy small pieces of chocolate in the ice cream.
- 5Let cool.
- 6Put in the refrigerator and chill well. (This is important for the ice cream machine in order to chill the ice cream faster. Faster preparation of the ice cream means better and smoothier texture.).
- 7Put in the ice cream machine and follow manufacturer's instructions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cadbury Chocolate "sorbet"
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.4
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.2 mg
- Sodium 66.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 103.7 g
- Protein 8.1 g