Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Called sorbet because it has no dairy products (apart from the Cadbury milk chocolate obviously) or eggs. Of course you can choose your favorite chocolate brand for this. Taste will adjust to the type of chocolate used, which is nice because you can experiment with many brands. I use an electric ice cream machine and I suggest you do this too. In the preparation time I haven't included the time you need for the refrigerator to chill the mixture, because that depends on the fridge. Also I haven't included the time the ice cream machine will need because that too depends on the machine, but it shouldn't be more than 40 minutes. That leaves as with a lot of passive time (waiting) and minimum active cooking time.
- Place water, sugar and cocoa to a pan, bring to the boil. Simmer for a minute.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces. Place into a bowl.
- Ladle the hot cocoa mixture over the chocolate pieces and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Alternatively, you can stop stirring before all the chocolate has melted. This will create crunchy small pieces of chocolate in the ice cream.
- Let cool.
- Put in the refrigerator and chill well. (This is important for the ice cream machine in order to chill the ice cream faster. Faster preparation of the ice cream means better and smoothier texture.).
- Put in the ice cream machine and follow manufacturer's instructions.