Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great way to eat healthy cactus. Its great to eat with chips or as a side dish with carne asada. Its fast, simple, and will make your mouth watery!
- 1 (32 ounce) jar cactus pieces (Nopalitos)
- 1 head of small cabbage
- 1⁄2 an onion
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 -3 jalapenos
- 2 -3 lemons, juice of
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- salt or pepper or garlic powder
- Drain and rinse nopalitos in a colander.
- Chop nopalitos in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Chop cabbage, onion, tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro.
- Mix everything in a large serving bowl.
- Squeeze lemons and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.