Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from The cactus Pear Restaurant/Bar. Forgot where this was (Too much grey hair. I think!). The citrus juices blend magnificently!
- 2 ounces white tequila
- 1 ounce cactus prickly pear syrup, of cactus pear, plus more
- prickly pear syrup, for dipping the glass rim in
- 1 ounce orange liqueur (such as Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh lime juice
- coarse salt (optional)
- lime wedge
- Place tequila, orange liqueuer, Cactus Pear syrup, lime juice, and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake for 10 seconds.
- Place a few tablespoons of the cactus Pear syrup on a small plate. Dip the rim of the glass in the syrup, and let the excess run off, then dip in salt.
- Strain the mixture into the glass and garnish with a lime wedge.