I like this and use in tacos and Fajitas. Give it a try!
Make and share this Cactus Paddle Salad/Relish or Ensalada de Nopalitos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) jar cactus pieces, drained and well rinsed
- 1 ripe tomato, cored and diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 6 -8 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (Mexican if you can find it)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 pickled jalapeno, diced
- If the cactus is in big chunks dice to 1/2-1/4 inch pieces.
- Toss together with the tomato, onion and cilantro.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss with the salad.