Recipe by Dib's
I like this and use in tacos and Fajitas. Give it a try!
Top Review by Sackville
My partner only brought me back one bottle of cactus pieces from his trip to Las Vegas and am I ever glad we chose this recipe to use it in! It is very much like a fresh salsa and although we could have used it as a topping for tacos, we lapped it up as a side dish to our main Mexican meal. Thanks Di!
- 1 (15 ounce) jar cactus pieces, drained and well rinsed
- 1 ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 6 -8 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (Mexican if you can find it)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 pickled jalapeno, diced