Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so good for my family. Family favorite. Healthy and yummy!
- 1 lb cactus pieces
- 1 small tomatoes
- 1⁄4 small white onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- Steam the cactus until softened.
- Drain the cactus.
- Fry all the ingredients except for the Monterrey Cheese.
- Combine fried ingredients with the cactus and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese before serving.
LOVED this! So yummy and healthy and FULL of flavor! Thanks for sharing such a different and yummy recipe!