1 hr 30 mins
A neat dessert recipe courtesy of Stephan Pyles, Routh Street Cafe, Dallas as published in Texas Highways magazine. Cooking time is estimated freezing time in your ice cream maker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sugar and water in saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring just until sugar is dissolved.
- 2Remove from heat and let cool.
- 3In second saucepan, reduce Beaujolais to 1/2 cup.
- 4Remove from heat and let cool.
- 5Wearing heavy gloves to avoid fine thorns, slice fruit in half lengthwise.
- 6Scoop out red pulp from skin and place in food processor or blender.
- 7Whirl briefly, then press pulp and liquid through food mill to remove seeds.
- 8You should have 1 1/2 cups of liquid.
- 9Combine fruit purée with sugar syrup, reduced wine, and lime juice.
- 10Beat the egg white until very frothy, and slowly add fruit mixture while still beating.
- 11Place in ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cactus Fruit-Beaujolais Ice
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g