Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
adopted recipe! Edited to relieve it of ingredient errors! Haven't tried it yet, but it does sound interesting.
- 6 (6 ounce) steaks, Cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, For Frying
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon or 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno seasoning salt
- Add the Jalapeno seasoning salt to the flour and mix well.
- Dip each steak into the seasoned flour, then dip into the egg wash, (mix the eggs and water in a separate bowl for the egg wash), and dip the meat back into the seasoned flour, coating each steak well.
- Heat the vegetable oil to about 350 degrees F. in a large skillet.
- Oil should be deep enough to cover the steaks.
- Fry the coated steaks until golden brown, then drain them on paper towels and put on a heated platter that is tented with foil.
- Pour off all but 2 tbls of the oil and the drippings.
- Add 3 Tbls of the leftover seasoned flour.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the oil and flour are golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and add the milk and chicken bouillon or chicken base.
- Return to the heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the gravy thickens.
- Serve spooned over the steaks.
BEWARE: Ingredients listed after the jalapeno seasoning salt are NOT part of the recipe. The suspects who typed in the unnecessary info must be children with access to the computer. The recipe itself sounds delicious.