Recipe by horseplay
Cacciocavallo is available at most large supermarkets, like Loblaws or the Superstore. Disturbingly enough, it's kind of shaped like a fetus.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces cacciocavallo cheese
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and stir for for about 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread sliced cheese on four tortillas and top evenly with mushroom mixture.
- Cover each with another tortilla and press together so they stick.
- Fry each quesadilla in a skillet on medium for about 2 minutes on each side, so the cheese can melt.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges and serve immediately.