Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick easy and one skillet
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups seitan or 1 1⁄2 cups bean curd
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 sweet bell peppers, 1 green & 1 red, coarsely chopped
- 3 fresh garlic cloves (or 1 t dried minced)
- 28 ounces chunky tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine or 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons artificial sweetener (succanat, sugar or substitute)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, celery, carrot, onion, peppers and garlic in balsamic vinegar until tender (add a small amount of water, if needed).
- Add tomato sauce, bean curd, wine, oregano, salt, black pepper, and sugar.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over rice or pasta.
- Notes: If you are lacto use a bit of Feta cheese mixed in as well as some cheddar or Mozzarella on top.
- When I made it last time, I used stir fry vegetables. Mix of peppers [yellow, red and green] Also added some Lemon pepper Mrs. Dash. Nicely done.
- Will also work in Microwave.