Cacciatore Vegetarian Style
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, celery, carrot, onion, peppers and garlic in balsamic vinegar until tender (add a small amount of water, if needed).
- Add tomato sauce, bean curd, wine, oregano, salt, black pepper, and sugar.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over rice or pasta.
- Notes: If you are lacto use a bit of Feta cheese mixed in as well as some cheddar or Mozzarella on top.
- When I made it last time, I used stir fry vegetables. Mix of peppers [yellow, red and green] Also added some Lemon pepper Mrs. Dash. Nicely done.
- Will also work in Microwave.