Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 hrs
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 chicken drumsticks, skinless
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- hot cooked noodles
- In a 6-quart crock pot, add mushroom, celery, carrot, onions, bell pepper, and garlic; mix gently.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- Add broth, wine, tapioca, bay leaves, oregano, sugar, salt, and, pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Remove chicken and keep warmed.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Turn crock pot to HIGH setting.
- Stir in tomatoes and their juice, and tomato paste; add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- On individual plates, spoon hot cooked noodles, then place chicken on top of noodles, then spoon vegetable mixture on top of chicken.
delicious and easy prep for the crockpot!!! I used skinless thighs, and next time, I may add the tomatoes and tomato paste to the broth/wine to give the chicken a little more flavor, but the sauce was great and my family loved it
Wow!! This turned out great. I made it while my in-laws where in town and it got rave reviews. Served it with side salad and Texas Garlic Toaste. Thanks for posting.
I have never tried cacciatore in a crock-pot before. This turned out excellent. I layered everything in the crockper per instructions. Then I stirred the rest of the ingredients together and poured on top. Great flavor and we had a really nice meal. Thanks.