Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Goat is a very popular dish amongst the Mexican Americans in my area. This is served at many family get togethers along with grilled cabrito, menudo, tamales and big pots of beans and rice.
- 3 lbs goat meat, cut into large chunks (cabrito)
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin, seed
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- Brown cabrito in a large pot, use a little oil if it sticks.
- Add salt and pepper and enough water to cover and cook until about half done.
- Add chili powder, onion and comino seed to the mixture.
- When completely done and tender, mix flour in a bit of water to make a paste.
- Stir into pot with cabrito mixture to make a gravy.
Look very good . can't wait to put it together. Thanks.