1/1 Photo of Cabo Wabo Fish Tacos
Sue Lau's Note:
Mexican tacos made with grilled firm fish. The tuna is yellowfin, not the kind you get from a can. You can serve these as prepared or with a cilantro cream sauce, if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cabo wabo tequila
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano (dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb fresh yellowfin tuna fillet
- 20 corn tortillas
- 4 -5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large lime, sliced into 10 wedges
- 3 -4 chipotle chiles, canned,julienned (optional)
- 5 ounces fat-free crumbled feta or 5 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese or 5 ounces fat-free monterey jack cheese (optional)
- 1Mix together lime juice, tequila, mexican oregano, minced garlic, onion powder, ground cumin, and 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro in a small bowl.
- 2Place tuna fillet in a ziploc bag and pour marinade over fish.
- 3Remove excess air from bag and seal.
- 4Refrigerate for one hour, while you prepare your grill.
- 5Prepare grill by spraying grill surface with non-stick cooking spray BEFORE applying heat.
- 6Over medium-hot grill (gas, charcoal, electric) cook tuna, turning once, until cooked through (you may just cook on exterior if you prefer).
- 7(The cooking time will depend upon the thickness of your fillet; tuna can be eaten rare. I suggest a fillet that is slightly pink in the center so it flakes easily without being overdone. Do not overcook your fillet, however.) Set aside.
- 8Briefly heat corn tortillas carefully on grill.
- 9Do not overcook, or they will get hard.
- 10Break tuna into small chunks or shredded pieces and place about 1 1/2 ounces on a double layer of corn tortilla for each taco.
- 11Add shredded cabbage and chopped cilantro and squeeze a wedge of lime over the taco contents.
- 12If you wish a spicier taste, add the chilies.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabo Wabo Fish Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 424.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 32.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: