Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My kids absolutely love these sloppy joes. They prefer these over Manwich. I haven't told them that they are even healthy. I recommend serving on toasted white wheat hamburger buns for a tasty low calorie meal.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, low fat
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In large skillet, melt butter on med-high heat. Add onions and celery, sauté until softened.
- Add ground turkey. Cook until done, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir until mixed well.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes.
Oops! I reviewed your recipe; however, I failed to give you the 5 stars that your recipe deserves! Thanks!