- 40 dried black figs, split in half
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 cups cabernet sauvignon wine
- water, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, then add brown sugar, clove and 1/2 cup of the Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add the figs and saute lightly in syrup.
- Add remaining Cabernet Sauvignon and allow to reduce for approximately 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add 2 cups of water.
- Allow to simmer on low for about 2 hours or to your desired tenderness.
- Add water as needed if syrup reduces too low.
- Serve warm or cold.