Cabernet Peppercorn Demi-Glace for Filet Mignon
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute mushrooms, shallots, and peppercorns in oil.
- When shallots are tender, deglaze with red wine.
- Reduce by two-thirds.
- Whisk together the reduction and demi-glace until smooth.
- Whisk in the cream and beef base.
- Combine a few teaspoons of cornstarch (or more as needed) with a little cold water to make a slurry.
- Add slurry to the sauce to thicken; cook for 1 minute and then remove from the heat.