1/1 Photo of Cabernet Burgers
This is the quickest and easiest way I've found to make juicy, yummy burgers. I actually make the wine glaze ahead of time and just keep it in the fridge, that way I can easily make one or two burgers without too much hassle! However, be careful in the amount you use: although the proportions in this recipe are fine, I found they don't scale down exactly, so use a bit less of the glaze if you're just making 1 or 2 burgers (i.e. don't just use one quarter or one half of what the recipe says). Taken from Weber's Way to Grill book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Combine wine and brown sugar and simmer until reduced to about 1/2 - 3/4 cup (depends how potent you want the wine flavor), about 25-30 minutes. Let cool. This can be made ahead of time, or in a larger batch and stored in a bottle in the fridge.
- 2Combine the beef, glaze, salt and pepper and gently mix. The beef should take on a much deeper red shade from the wine.
- 3Shape into 4 patties, make sure to make an indent in the center with your thumb or the back of a teaspoon to compensate for the rising while cooking.
- 4Grill over direct high heat for about 8-10 minutes per side, turning only once. You can also brush them with some additional glaze while cooking.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabernet Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.4
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 1276.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: