Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Almost too good to be called a burger!
- 500 ml cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1⁄4 cup shallot (minced)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey (local, wildflower)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (minced)
- 1 lb ground turkey breast or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 focaccia rolls (see recipe #179996) or 4 pieces similar bread
- 1 tomatoes, sliced thick
- 3 cups spinach
- Boil wine and shallots in saucepan over medium heat 20 minutes, until reduced to about 3/4 cup. Add 1 tablespoon and honey.
- Blend well & remove from heat.
- Mix remaining butter with rosemary & set aside.
- Heat grill.
- Mix meat, salt, pepper, basil and 1/4 cup wine mixture in large bowl. Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill burgers 3-5 minutes, flip, and add wine mixture. Grill burgers until cooked through. (Flip & brush frequently while grilling).
- Sprinkle with cheddar after last flip, and leave on grill until cheese melts.
- Spread face buns with butter mixture & grill to toast.
- Place patties on buns & top with tomato slices, spinach, and desired condiments.