Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The guy in charge of food samples at my local Trader Joe's was serving this today. Sounds a little unusual, but it's really good. This guy has a knack for putting things together and coming up with a winner. It was served on wedges of whole grain tortillas. A different vinegar could easily be subtituted if you're not near Trader Joe's
- 10 ounces shredded green cabbage
- 5 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch coins
- 15 ounces black beans, can undrained
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange muscat champagne vinegar
- Combine cabbage, zucchini, beans, and cilantro in a large bowl. Mix well. Squeeze orange juice over vegetables.
- Wisk pepper flakes, vinegar, and oil together. Pour over vegetables and toss to mix. Serve immediately or chill.