Recipe by Seasoned Cook
A side dish used by many families in the southeast. A vegetable dish on many cafe menus. The addition of potatoes blend well with the flavor of cabbage---home-style cooking at its best!
Top Review by Katanashrp
A 2 in 1 side dish that satisfies. I used baby red potatoes and kielbasa drippings instead of bacon. The next day I actually added the kielbasa to the vegetables for a great leftover one pot meal. Thank you!
- 1 medium cabbage, sliced, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, quartered
- 946.36 ml water
- 29.58 ml bacon drippings
- 4.92 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cabbage in 1 inch by 3 inch pieces. Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- In a large saucepan bring water, bacon drippings, salt and pepper to a boil. Place cabbage and potatoes into water and simmer on low heat until cabbage and potatoes test done with the prick of a fork.
- To serve use a slotted spoon to lift out cabbage and potatoes.