Adapted from: 660 Curries by Raghavan Iyer. Great book! I really enjoyed this made mild but would increase the spices. If you like it hot but don't have fresh peppers, use crushed red pepper flakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 fresh Thai red chili peppers (optional) or 2 cayenne chilies (optional) or 2 serrano chilies, cut in half lengthwise and don't remove the seeds (optional)
- 1 lb cabbage, cut into thin shreds
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8-1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tomato, cored and finely chopped
- 8 ounces panir, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped including stems
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Mix spices together and cook in oil until fragrant and cumin seeds turn a reddish brown.
- 3Stir in cabbage and toss to coat it with the spices, cook until slightly wilted 3-5 minutes.
- 4Stir in 1/2 cup water, tomato, paneer, and cilantro. Lower heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender and the cheese is spongy-soft (10-15 minutes). *The sauce will not thicken.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage With Paneer and Tomato (Bund Gobhi Paneer)
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.8
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 404.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: