Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another version of cabbage and noodles. This recipe is from Teresa Givens in the St. Boniface Centennial Cookbook from Stuart, Nebraska. She specifies 1 small green cabbage.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet.
- Add cabbage, onion and apples; stir well.
- Add salt and pepper; simmer for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Add water, if necessary to keep from sticking.
- Cook fettuccine 2 minutes or until done and drain; rinse in hot tap water.
- Add tablesppon butter and stir.
- Add cabbage mixture and mix carefully.
- Stir in poppy seeds and serve.
I used OIive Oil instead of butter. I did finely chop the apples as I did not want them to be overwhelming, I only used one and a half apple which was enough for the half bag of noodles I used instead of fettucine. I would make this dish again!