1/1 Photo of Cabbage With Mustard Sauce
I found this recipe in the June 2009 Cooperative Living magazine. I've been holding onto it for a while and finally tried it a few nights ago. We really enjoyed it! I used whole wheat flour instead of white, and it came out really thick. I also used soy milk----and lots of it trying to thin it down!! If you use w.w. flour, I would suggest starting with 1 tablespoon. I'll be doing that next time! :O)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam cabbage in a vegetable steamer or cover and steam in a microwave. Set aside but keep warm.
- 2In a small skillet, saute onions in olive oil until onions are translucent and tender. Remove onions from oil Add flour to the oil and stir; gradually add milk, dissolving the flour into the sauce.
- 3Add the mustard; stir well. Return the onions to the mixture; stir well, heating on low for two minutes. Add tad more milk if too thick.
- 4Place cabbage wedges in a serving dish, and pour sauce down the middle. Sprinkle with pepper.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage With Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 93.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g