Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish makes cabbage tempting even for the little kids! This recipe was in my AMC cookbook and looks so good, I'm going to have to make it real soon:)
- 1⁄2 small cabbage, shredded finely
- 3 medium apples, peeled,cored and sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion, sliced finely
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Rinse the cabbage, apples and onion well.
- Place in a saucepan.
- Sprinkle with sugar and season lightly.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix well before serving.
I make this with pre-cut cole slaw mix for a quick side.
Added a carrot for color.
I normally like cabbage, but this recipe was bland and the pepper seemed out of place, making it worse. Perhaps a sweeter spice like curry powder would be better. Won't be having this again.