Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
It has vegetable in it, crispy on outside and soft inside. Good snack.
- 1⁄4 medium cabbage, shredded
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed (Sompu)
- 4 green chilies
- 1 cup mung dal
- 1⁄2 cup channa dal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry, leaves- finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- oil (for frying)
- Soak the moong dal and chana dal together for an hour. Add little salt to shredded cabbage and mix it well and keep it aside for 10-15 minute
- After 10-15 min drain all the water from cabbage and put in in a mixing bowl.
- Now wash the dals and grind coarsely without adding any water,along with chillies, ginger & garlic paste, sompu and salt.
- Add the above ground paste to the cabbage bowl. Now add cut onions and coriander and curry leaves and butter and mix well together.
- Make balls - vada shape and deep fry in oil.
- Good snack.