Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
It has vegetable in it, crispy on outside and soft inside. Good snack.
Make and share this Cabbage Vada recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 medium cabbage, shredded
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed (Sompu)
- 4 green chilies
- 1 cup mung dal
- 1⁄2 cup channa dal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry, leaves- finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- oil (for frying)
- Soak the moong dal and chana dal together for an hour. Add little salt to shredded cabbage and mix it well and keep it aside for 10-15 minute
- After 10-15 min drain all the water from cabbage and put in in a mixing bowl.
- Now wash the dals and grind coarsely without adding any water,along with chillies, ginger & garlic paste, sompu and salt.
- Add the above ground paste to the cabbage bowl. Now add cut onions and coriander and curry leaves and butter and mix well together.
- Make balls - vada shape and deep fry in oil.
- Good snack.