Recipe by Oolala
Sounded so good and unique. It's from "Serve It With Grace" and was submitted by Estelle D'Costa. I haven't tried this yet but didn't want to lose it in my recipe box. This uses 4 small ramakins or baking dishes
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cabbage, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- plain yogurt
- fresh chives, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes, covered in boiling salted water until tender; drain and mash (should yield about 1 1/3 cups).
- Cook cabbage, covered, in small amount of boiling water for 5 minutes, until tender; drain.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, margarine or butter, flour and seasonings.
- Add the potatoes; beat until smooth.
- Generously grease 4, 6 oz. oven-proof custard cups; spooning 1/3 cup mixture into each.
- Top each bowl with cabbage and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt and chives.