Recipe by Barb in WNY
A short recipe clipping that I've saved.
Top Review by Nicja
I do not recommend putting caraway seed in this soup unless you love the flavor. I definitely would not put one tablespoon like the recipe calls for. I'm now trying to figure out how to make that strong flavor go away.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 cups tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- low-fat sour cream, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute olive oil in a heavy soup pot.
- Saute onion and cabbage. Cook until cabbage is limp.
- Sprinkle flour over cabbage and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato juice, caraway seeds, chicken broth, honey,pepper, and lemon juice.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve garnished with sour cream.