Recipe by Bergy
This really doesn't taste like dessert but it sure tastes good. You may cut back on the splenda/sugar a bit and on the crumb/butter topping to cut back on calories Refreshing taste. Cabbage & apples are still crunchy giving it a nice texture.
Top Review by ~Bliss~
This was flavorful, but not sure what I'd serve it with. I was hungry when I took it out of the oven, and I ate it by itself. I'm taking a larger casserole to a family member tonite with some very "sweet/sour" type BBQ, so I'm guessing it will go with that fine. I think the next time I will use less of the topping, just because it slightly overpowered the dish.
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups apples, peeled,sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar or 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a casserole dish big enough to hold the cabbage& apples.
- Place the cabbage on the bottom of the casserole and place the apples on top in a layer.
- Sprinkle with the sugar.
- Mix the crumbs& butter together and pat this on top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Bake covered in a 350F oven for 30 minutes and uncovered for apprx 15 minutes or until golden.