1 hr 20 mins
A fantastic vegetarian main dish that goes well with glazed carrots and your favorite cooked grain. I also enjoy making this strudel into individual servings, egg roll style to serve as appetizers, or a side for a bowl of soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- 3Add sugar and lemon juice and stir until sugar dissolves.
- 4Add cabbage, apple, onion, raisins and salt.
- 5Cook over medium high heat 7 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- 6Add sour cream, mixing well.
- 7Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- 8Place 1 phyllo sheet on that sheet.
- 9Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with about 2 teaspoons bread crumbs.
- 10Continue layering with 4 more sheets of phyllo, brushing each with butter and sprinkling with crumbs.
- 11Place cabbage mixture in a 2 inch wide strip 4 inches from the short side of phyllo shets, and 1 1/2 inches from long sides of phyllo.
- 12Fold 1 1/2 inch sides over cabage.
- 13Fold 4 inch side over cabbage and continue rolling up in jelly-roll fashion.
- 14Place cabbage roll seam side down; brush with remaining butter.
- 15Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- 16Allow to stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.3
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 502.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g