Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
No meat here...but not vegetarian (because of the beef boiullon cube and Worcestershire). Kind of an interesting version of cabbage and noodles.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 5 tablespoons butter, DIVIDED
- 1⁄2 large head of cabbage, shredded fine
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, reduced fat is great
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the egg noodles according to package. Drain; toss with 2 tbsp of the butter and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 3 tbsp butter in a large skillet.
- Add the cabbage and onion slices and sautee for about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the beef bouillon cube in the 1/2 cup hot water with the worcestershire sauce; pour into the skillet with the cabbage/onions.
- bring to a simmer and continue to cook, stirring often, for about 15 minutes or until the cabbage is to your desired tenderness.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the sour cream, celery seeds, salt and pepper. Heat through but do NOT boil.
- Serve over the hot cooked, buttered egg noodles.
With permission, I added 1 1/2lbs cooked ground beef to the mixture. Everybody LOVED it!!! A nice, easy 1 pot meal. Without the beef, it would be a nice, easy side dish! Made for ZWT 4. Go Hells Belles!!!