Hearty meal for cabbage lovers.
Make and share this Cabbage Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Chop onions, bacon or pork, potatoes and carrots.
- Fry onion and bacon or pork until onion is soft.
- Add the cabbage, fry for 10 minutes until it starts to soften.
- Add the rest of the vegatbles and spices, with beef stock. Simmer for about 30 minutes until all vegetables are done.
- Serve with lingonberry or cranberry jam.
wonderful. made my own modifications- turkey bacon, no marjoram or syrup, added rice- still came out fantastic. took me back to my childhood.
Delicious. I made it substituting the potatos and bacon with 1/2 cup pearl barley, a bit more liquid and lamb. Good food for rainy fall weather...
Unbelievable. We forgot about the syrup and used seasoned-salt. Threw in halfed Okra pods (they were there). We also used bacon and corned-beef. This is the best meal i have had in weeks.