1 hr 10 mins
A lovely little recipe from the '365 a day' cookbook. Make sure you buy good quality sausages and make a large amount. you can save the rest for dinner the next day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g lean sausages, highly seasoned
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 350 g young green cabbage, cored and coarsely shredded
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 1/2 liters pork stock
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
- 1 loaf crusty bread
- 1Put the sausages in water to cover generously and bring to the boil.
- 2Reduce the heat and simmer until firm.
- 3Drain and, when cool enough to handle, remove the skin and slice thinly.
- 4Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion, leek and carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion softens.
- 5Add the tomatoes, cabbage, garlic, thyme, stock and sausages.
- 6Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and cook, partially covered for 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- 7Ladle into warm bowls, sprinkle over the parmesan and serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Soup With Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.0
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 1259.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: