1/6 Photos of Cabbage Soup With Ham
I found this recipe on Basic-Recipes.com and it sounded very good. Cabbage is one of my favorites and along with ham and apples you cant go wrong.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 medium leeks, well-washed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces ham, diced cooked boneless lean Virginia
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 small granny smith apple, pared, cored and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 ounces red potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1Using a large saucepan or dutch oven, bring broth to a boil and add the cabbage, leeks, carrot, ham, and caraway seeds. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until carrot is tender.
- 2Add apple and wine to mixture and simmer uncovered for approximately 3 minutes or until apple is just tender.
- 3Stir in cooked potato and parsley, simmer 2-3 minutes or until soup is heated through. Divide evenly into 4 soup bowls and serve.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Soup With Ham
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 673.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 11.5 g