1/4 Photos of Cabbage Soup With Cheese
oh my, but this is good! A real keeper. Hearty enough to be a main-course soup, just serve with a good hot and crusty bread and a simple salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried fine herbs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Saute bacon in a dutch oven over medium heat, until partially crisp. Pour off all but 3 to 4 TBS of the fat.
- 2Add the chopped onions and cabbage to the pan. Saute for 5 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- 3Stir in potatoes, then chicken broth, fine herbes and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are quite tender.
- 4Just before serving add the cheeses slowly, stirring until melted, but do not allow to boil. Add remaining ingredients and adjust seasoning if required.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Soup With Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 752.2
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 139.4 mg
- Sodium 1615.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried fine herbs