Cabbage Soup, Valtellina Style
- Clean, trim and slice cabbage. Place cabbage in saucepan and bring to a boil until the cabbage is tender then drain.
- In the saucepan place a layer of the cabbage while still warm, then place a layer of bread on top of the cabbage, then a layer of fontina cheese. Continue doing this until you have used up all of the ingredients. Gently press down the ingredients with your ladle.
- Bring the stock to a boil and pour over the other ingredients. Let soak for about 2-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in the microwave or a saucepan.
- Pour over soup, stir and serve.