Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a take on the cabbage soup diet for those who like a bit of spice or zing... The great thing is you can omit or add more of your fav veggies
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, diced
- 1 5⁄8 ounces dry onion soup mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle V8 vegetable juice (spicy - 1 use about 3/4 of the bottle)
- 1.5 (14 ounce) cans water (i use the stewed tomato can)
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash lemon juice
- Combine all items in large stock pot and stir. Bring to boil, if soup seems to thick add a little more water. Simmer for 1 hour.
- This makes ALOT, place in a few small containers for the week and then freeze some also.
I love veggies, so this soup was a winner with me. Also, I am the type of cook likes to change things up a bit and this recipe is very free flowing. If you like it, add it. If you don't leave it out. It will taste great regardless. Thanks for another good recipe!