Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Prepare ahead up until you add the beef and the fresh lime juice. Do this step just before serving. This soup has a quiet flavor that defies you really knowing what is in it (other than the cabbage & beef)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs napa cabbage, cored & shredded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- salt & pepper
- 5 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1⁄2 lb stir-fry beef, chopped
- 1 dash fresh lime juice
- Brown the beef stir fry and set aside.
- Place oil in a large saucepan, medium heat add cabbage, onion, salt& pepper.
- Cook stirring until both the onion& the cabbage are tender about 20 minutes.
- Add stock, ginger and soy sauce.
- Add beef stir fry.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add lime juice tasting until you get just the right taste for your liking.