1/1 Photo of Cabbage Soup
1 hr 15 mins
Cabbage Soup? Yes! You won't believe how good this is. This can easily be served at a dinner party too. So good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small cabbage, cored and chopped fine
- 6 slice bacon, chopped
- 1 large leek, white and green parts,chopped,washed thoroughly,and patted dry
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1000.0 ml chicken stock
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml caraway seed
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 59.14 ml chopped dill
- 1In a large pan of boiling, salted water, blanch cabbage for 2 minutes and drain.
- 2Cook bacon in a large saucepan over moderate heat until crisp.
- 3Add leek and cook, stirring, until softened.
- 4Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- 5Add stock in a thin stream, stirring constantly, and stir in cabbage, carrots, potatoes, wine, sugar and caraway.
- 6Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, 30-40 minutes.
- 7Puree soup in batches in blender until smooth and return to pan.
- 8Stir in half and half and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- 9Stir in dill and season to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.3
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 493.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 13.3 g