Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great diet soup... low calorie and tastes great!
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 6 cups water
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- Throw it all in a big pot and simmer for 2 hours.
great soup I have made it many times and everyone loves it, even those who hate soup and are not dieting. Scarlettfeather in Ontario
Great soup! Even my picky kids were fans. A hint, if you want to lower the heat a bit, remove the seeds from the jalepeno before you chop it up. Most of the heat is in the seeds. I was out of jalapenos, so I threw in a dash of cayenne pepper, and it was great. Also, used chicken broth instead of the bouillon, as a previous reviewer posted. Thanks for posting!
This soup is easy, economical, low-cal and quite tasty! Thanks for a great recipe!