Recipe by Patricia Manson
Cabbage can be boring but in this soup it is very tasty..the ground red pepper, etc..really enhances this soup !
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Thank you for sharing this soup. I made this as a part of our dinner tonight. My mom has been down with a running nose for very long now. She said she really liked this soup. She did not want me to use veg. broth(as a substitute for chicken broth), so, I used water instead. I used in total 8 cups of water for this recipe. I love celery and cabbage immensely, and, this soup had both of 'em! I did not have ginger in powdered form, so, I used 2 tsps. of chopped ginger. I also used 2 tsps. of chopped garlic. Thank you, once again, for sharing this simple and good recipe.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- ground red pepper
- ground ginger
- ground black pepper
- ground cinnamon
- ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the broth and water in soup pot, add cabbage, celery, potatoes, onion and green pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste with the red pepper, ginger, black pepper, cinnamon and cloves.
- **Ifyou are able to purchase an anise root, place in soup pot. Take out after vegetables are cooked.