Recipe by Redsie
From SOS Cuisine. I made a double batch and froze part of it so didn't add the milk until I served it. I like it better without the milk and my dbf enjoys it with the milk!! :)
Top Review by kingkongandbeauty
Made this for the family today. Followed the recipe except i pressure cooked chicken and added that to the soup, which worked out nicely since i got to use the broth. I could tell it was going to be good by how well it smelled, but it tasted even better than i imagined. Very good!
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 828.06 ml cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 9.85 ml canola oil
- 19.71 ml butter, unsalted
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground pepper
- 650.62 ml chicken broth
- 314.66 ml 2% low-fat milk, partly skimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the vegetables: thinly slice the onions; finely chop the cabbage; shred the carrots.
- Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the vegetables, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir well, then cover and cook 25 min over very low heat.
- Pour in the broth, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer 15 minute Pour in the milk, then adjust the seasoning.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.