This is my favorite soup to make! It's great for any season and is so customizable. The measurements are rough guesses as I don't EVER measure when making this recipe. It's that easy! You add your ingredients to your own tastes and season as you go. You can also easily cook this meal in a slow cooker. So, beware, my measurements might not be accurate at all, but as you make this soup, you will quickly see that measurements aren't necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I prefer to used the diced ones seasoned with oregano and basil) or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (I prefer to used the diced ones seasoned with oregano and basil)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, cut style
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup mushroom
- 1/2 cup onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- chicken broth (enough to cover)
- 1 cup red potatoes, cubed (great for the winter) (optional)
- 1/2 cup carrot (not a carrot fan, but they go good with the soup) (optional)
- 1Combine all vegetables except salt and pepper into a slow cooker or soup pot.
- 2Season with oregano and basil to taste.
- 3Cover with chicken broth. If using a slow cooker, cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- 4If using a pot, bring contents to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low to medium for at least 30-40 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste as soup cooks.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 259.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g