Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I've tried a variety of cabbage soups, and none can compare to my tasty bowl of heaven, taste great and its good for you !!
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 bunch celery
- 5 -6 large carrots (peeled )
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 -1 7⁄8 ounce vegetable soup mix
- 1 -46 fluid ounce low-sodium V8 juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Clean and cut your fresh vegetables into small bite size pieces.
- Next add oil and all your vegetables to a five quart sauce pan, high heat for about four minutes.
- Next add soup packet mix, can of stewed tomatoes, and all of V-8 juice, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes to an hour.
- If you want your soup to have some heat add a couple dashes of the Cholula hot sauce to individual servings.Very tasty soup.
Very good, don't like mushrooms so i didn't use. This soup was great.
We enjoyed this tonight. I made 1/2 of the recipe but I did not use mushrooms, used all 14ounces of the tomatoes. I might of used more V8 juice if I had more. But this is really thick with veggies. Oh, the brand of vegetable soup mix I used was 'knorr'. I adopted this chef for the *Strong PAC 2008* game
Lovely soup. I had to use up some Napa cabbage, so that's what I used. I also don't care much for the taste of green peppers and chose an orange one and left out the mushrooms which is another taste preference. I really loved that it had minimal fat. :)