- 1 head cabbage
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 bunch celery
- 5 -6 large carrots (peeled )
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 -1 7⁄8 ounce vegetable soup mix
- 1 -46 fluid ounce low-sodium V8 juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and cut your fresh vegetables into small bite size pieces.
- Next add oil and all your vegetables to a five quart sauce pan, high heat for about four minutes.
- Next add soup packet mix, can of stewed tomatoes, and all of V-8 juice, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes to an hour.
- If you want your soup to have some heat add a couple dashes of the Cholula hot sauce to individual servings.Very tasty soup.