Recipe by Boomette
A very simple recipe, can be easily double.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
A highly adaptable recipe to which you can add other ingredients that you have on hand or that the whim of the moment inspires you to add. I doubled the recipe - some for the freezer! I used breezermom's yummy Recipe #328649 and Savoy cabbage. I always use Savoy cabbages - they're so much more flavoursome. I added onion, leeks, garlic and mushrooms, about 1/2 teaspoon of cumin and a selection of Italian herbs, and then added some noodles just before serving the soup. I also made this soup two days before we ate it and froze the rest. Those couple of days seem to make such a difference to flavour! The result was a superbly flavoursome soup which I'll certainly be making again. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe, Boomette. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
- 473.18 ml cabbage, chopped finely in strips
- 1182.95 ml chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 carrots, chopped finely in strips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cabbage and carrots finely in strips.
- Heat the chicken broth in a large casserole.
- Add the cabbage and carrots.
- Let boil 20 to 25 minutes.
- You can add seasonning to your own taste.
- I tried with red cabbage and I won't do it again cause the color is not inviting.