Recipe by Souper Star
Tastes like cabbage rolls, without the hassle
Top Review by Elizabeth Fullerton
I made this for the family and even the picky eaters loved it. I think there was something about the beef broth and tomato juice combo that we loved. The only thing I did different was add more water and tomato juice. I wanted it to be a soupier soup. The taste was great and I will be making this soup for many more times to come.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups beef bouillon
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat in a large soup pot sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Pour off all of the fat and add all of the other ingredients.
- Cook for at least 2 hours.
- This makes a very concentrated soup and can be frozen in plastic containers.
- When reheating, add 3/4 c water or bouillon per serving.