Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a combination of about 4 cabbage recipes that I liked but wasn't quite satisfied with so I tweaked them until my family would eat them. We ended up with this one and so far it has been a hit.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat butter in large skillet (I use margarine and it works fine).
- Add cabbage, onion, garlic and 1/4 c water.
- Cover tightly and steam over low heat 10-12 minute.
- Mix remaining ingredients exvept soup and cheese and stir into cabbage.
- Spread the soup undiluted over the top and top with cheese. Cover and let stand on low heat until cheese melts.
- Serve with cornbread and a salad.
This tasted pretty good, and I liked it. It was easy to put together. We didn't really like the tomato soup on top.