Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a low-fat side dish that can be served with any meal.
- 1 small cabbage, chopped thin
- 2 medium eggplants, cubed
- 2 large red peppers, sliced into small strips
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pepper (to taste)
- Heat the EVOO in a large deep skillet on medium heat.
- Sautee onions and peppers until soft.
- Add cubed eggpland and let cook for 5 minutes on medium.
- Add the chopped cabbage bit by bit. As the cabbage cooks down there wil be room for more.
- Season and stir until all cabbage is cooked down, and the mixture is soft. (approx 20-25 min).
my boyfriend loved this. i added 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp minced garlic about 5 minutes before serving. sooooo good!
Good! I've made this a few times now. Be careful not to over cook the eggplant. It will get too slimy. I did that once.
This was a great dish. My husband and I eat very little meat so we used this as part of a main course with steamed rice and baked butternut squash. It was tasty, filling and healthy. Thanks for posting. Any more like this hiding in your kitchen?