Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was given this recipe by a "Cookie" on a hunting trip. People try to add stuff to this, but you can't argue with the Cookie, keep it simple (at least for the first time so you will see what I mean)
- 2 links Jimmy Dean sausage
- 3 (10 1/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 3 (10 1/4 ounce) cans water
- 1 head cabbage
- Pickapeppa Sauce
- On top of stove -- In a large soup pan crumble and brown sausage - drain.
- Add to sausage, soup with water.
- Cut up cabbage and add.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat & simmer.
- Add "PickaPeppa" sauce to your taste (spicy). Bottle has a picture of a parrot on the front and usually found around the steak sauces at the store.
A great soup! I did make changes tho, since I couldn't find, and had never heard of Pickapeppa sauce.I substituted hot sauce, white wine vinegar, and worcheshire sauce. (Used a lot of hot sauce) I added salt pepper, dry mustard, and caraway seed. It was really good. I wish I could find the Pickapeppa sauce tho, because it would probably have gave it an intirely different taste.