Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very tasty and delicious soup ready in a hurry..
Make and share this Cabbage, Sausage and Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 340.19 g italian sausage removed from casing (Can also use ground beef)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 425.24 g canfire roasted tomatoes
- 907.18 g chicken broth
- 1 head cabbage, core removed and the rest sliced into thin strips
- 118.29 ml rice
- salt and pepper
- Brown the sausage or ground beef in a small amount of olive oil.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and saute until starting to soften.
- Add the tomatoes to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add tomatoes, broth, and cabbage to soup.
- Cook 15 minutes, then add the rice.
- Cook another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is done and the cabbage is cooked as you like.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- If soup is too thick, add more broth.